Friday, September 7, 2012

Is finding God in nature enough to get you to heaven? -- September 7, 2012

Where in nature do you feel closest to God?

I feel closest to God when I'm by a stream.  The sound of the water gurgling across the rocks helps me clear my thoughts so I can concentrate on God.  The stream was flowing before I got there and keeps flowing after I'm gone.  This helps me concentrate on a God who was always and will always be there.

So what about you?  Where in nature do you feel closest to God?

This Sunday we will continue looking at creation in our lesson entitled "God Is Not Hiding".  It is Session 2 in your book.  We'll see how God reveals His existence, attributes, and intentions through creation.

Our scripture passages will be Psalms 19:1-6, Romans 1:20, and Acts 14:15-17.  (Who knew you could discuss creation without a Genesis passage?)

It amazes me how some people worship nature.  I'm not talking about enjoying nature's beauty; I'm talking about actually worshiping the things they see. 

God did an awesome job designing the world we live in.  He designed the whole world to point everyone to Him. 

But some people look at it like this: "Since God designed everything, He must be IN everything."  So, instead of searching for God, they settle for worshiping something God made.  This is just another form of idolatry.

Let's huddle up Sunday morning at 9:50 a.m. to dive into this further.

Finish Friday strong.  Enjoy Saturday with your family.  See you Sunday!

Loyally yours,

Darren Bayne

“I always wonder why birds choose to stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere in the world.  Then I ask myself the same question.”  - Harun Yahya

No comments:

Post a Comment