Monday, April 30, 2012

Jesus Is Coming Again recap -- April 30, 2012

Teaching a Sunday School class is a lot like launching a new product in the marketplace.  I painstakingly put together a lesson with discussion questions and video illustrations.  Then, it's revealed on Sunday morning to be voted thumbs-up or thumbs-down by you.

But, man.  The reception I got from this video still has me scratching my head. 


I never thought when I was getting this video ready that it would be met with snickers and guffaws.  I guess I was listening to the message more than looking at the people.  On reflection, though, it did look like Jesus (aka Guy Penrod), sporting a Texas-sized buckle, was belting out the third verse.

I'll be more careful next time.  Still, it wasn't a total loss.  At least I got you laughing (some hysterically); that's always good.

Remember the question we began with:  "If you could know with certainty that Christ would come one week from today, what would you do between now and then?"

Jesus is coming again.  No one knows when.  So we should live our lives as if it's later today.  That means we need to have those "uncomfortable" conversations with friends and family about where they stand with Jesus.  That means we need to be teaching our kids about Christ and what He did for them.  That means we need to be the hands and feet of God.

You won't be in it alone.  The Holy Spirit will guide you in what to do and what to say.  Just be receptive.  Listen.  Do.

I'll be praying for you this week; I ask for your prayers.  Live your life with purpose this week.  The time we have on earth is precious.  Use it wisely for God's glory.

Loyally yours,

Darren Bayne


"It is never too late to be what you might have been."  George Eliot

No comments:

Post a Comment