Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Freedom Is Not Free -- May 28, 2013

Yesterday was Memorial Day.  It's one of my favorite holidays because it celebrates those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for our country.

I took my family to the Alabama Veterans' Memorial across 459 from Liberty Park.  We walked inside the room whose walls contain the names of every service member from Alabama killed in America's wars from World War I until today.  The names were grouped by county for each war.  I thought it interesting that my home county, Henry County, lost more men in World War I than in World War II.

We explained to the girls about what Memorial Day means and why we should never forget those who died to keep us free.  In that light, we finished our lesson this week with a video...


Make it a great week!

Loyally yours,

Darren Bayne

"If someone is going down the wrong road, he doesn't need motivation to speed him up.  What he needs is education to turn him around."  Jim Rohn

No comments:

Post a Comment