Friday, April 12, 2013

Can I get an AMEN, ya'll? -- April 12, 2013

Last Sunday through Tuesday, our family was at Orange Beach, Alabama for my wife to train someone in her company's Robertsdale facility.

On the way there, we stopped at Priester's Pecan candy store on I-65 just south of Montgomery.  Along with delicious candy, the store also has t-shirts with fun sayings on them.

My six-year-old daughter got a big kick out of a shirt that read "Can I get an AMEN, ya'll?". 

Fast forward to Monday night.  We're at a restaurant having dinner.  My six-year-old starts telling us a story.  She wraps up the story.  Then she says, "Can I get an AMEN, ya'll?".  We cracked up.

What does that have to do with our lesson this week?  Not much.  I just thought it was a funny story.

We'll be on Session 7 entitled "Our Identity: The Grace-Shaped Family of God".  The topic will be Faith versus Works.  We'll look at what the Bible says about what constitutes a true believer in Christ, and we'll talk about things that we sometimes add to it.

Here's our outline for Sunday at 9:50 a.m.:

1.  Works-based religion threatens the centrality of faith in Jesus Christ (Acts 15:1-5).
2.  God's people are constituted by grace alone through faith in Jesus alone (Galatians 2:15-21).
3.  God's people are marked by faith in Jesus alone that results in good works (James 2:18-26).

Finish Friday strong.  Enjoy Saturday with your family.  See you Sunday!

Loyally yours,

Darren Bayne

“You win some, you lose some, you wreck some.”  Dale Earnhardt

No comments:

Post a Comment