Friday, June 1, 2012

Horseshoes Are Lucky Unless You Get Kicked By One -- June 1, 2012

Ever had a day where you feel like you just got kicked in the stomach by a horse?

That was my day on Thursday.

You think you've gotten something great set up, then it collapses. 

A different plan you have now seems like it will take months to happen instead of weeks.

You feel like you are taking the path God has shown you, but that right turn leads to a dead end.  It starts you asking, "God, what do you really want me to do?".

That's where I stood yesterday.  It's one place I hope you won't have to go.  It's frustrating; it's crappy; it's scary.

But you know what?  Wonder of wonders--the sun did come up this morning.  And now I'm adjusting my plans.  Like my mentor, Jim Rohn, once said, "You can't change your destination overnight, but you can change your direction".  That's where I stand now.

I may question God's timing, but I haven't questioned His plan.  My faith is there; I'm just trying to keep fear from coming through the cracks.

Throughout the Old Testament, the Jews got close to God and then turned away from Him.

On Sunday, we're going to see God's people openly defy Him with their actions.  Our lesson comes from Malachi 1:1-14.  Malachi is not a book we go to often, but it covers things we'll all experience.

Join us at 9:50 a.m.  Oh, and plan to eat BBQ at church after the 11:00 service.  The youth group is selling BBQ plates to raise money for their summer excursions.

Make sure your kids are registered for Vacation Bible School next week.

Finish Friday strong.  Enjoy Saturday with your family.  See you Sunday!

Loyally yours,

Darren Bayne


“Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, ‘Make me feel important.’ Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life.”  Mary Kay Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment